They Are Vicious!


Okay, not really, but that's the name my son's U13 boys soccer team (I'm the coach) chose last Fall's season. I was pushing hard for them to go with the Quakes or Natural Disasters after the Northern Virginia area experienced an earthquake and torrential rains and flooding, but they weren't having any of that.

The beauty of the name Vicious is that not a single kid on the team could even be remotely considered vicious. They're the total opposite in fact so I appreciated the irony. The only drawback was that some of the parents thought we were yelling "Fishes!" when we did our pre-game cheer. Oh well...

I really wanted to do shirts for the kids, but ended up using the logo on certificates and a get-well card for a parent who had brain surgery during the season. I'm hoping they go with it again this Fall so I can finally get those darned shirts!


No comments: